Translational Urinomics [electronic resource] / edited by Hugo Miguel Baptista Carreira dos Santos
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 147 p. 49 illus., 36 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Baptista Carreira dos Santos, Hugo Miguel and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Sample Preparation for High-Throughput Urine Proteomics Using 96-Well Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) Membranes -- 2. Kidney diseases: the age of molecular markers -- 3. Urinary Extracellular Vesicles Magic particles for biomarker discovery -- 4. Cardiac troponin T: the impact of posttranslational modifications on analytical immunoreactivity in blood up to the excretion in urine -- 5. Research Progress of Urine Biomarkers in the Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis of Bladder Cancer -- 6. Urinary markers of podocyte dysfunction in chronic glomerulonephritis -- 7. On Research and Translation of Urinary Biomarkers -- 8. A Mechanistic-Based and Non-Invasive Approach to Quantify the Capability of Kidney to Detoxify Cysteine-Disulfides -- 9. Diagnosis of Fluorosis by analysis of fluoride content in body fluids using ion selective electrode method -- 10. Dioctophimosis: a Parasitic Zoonosis of Public Health Importance.
- Translational Urinomics provides an overview of urine analysis using proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics or any combination thereof for the diagnosis and prognosis of diseases related to the urinary system and the kidneys. The text approaches urine biomarkers from a new perspective, incorporating up-to-date studies of mass-spectrometry-based biomarker discovery as well as the latest advances in personalized medicine. The integration of technology-driven techniques, such as OMICS also provides a unique opportunity for improved diagnostics accuracy of urinary-related diseases. For nephrologists and urologists looking for new approaches to well-known problems, this edited volume serves as a valuable guide.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 33848062