Letters to John Murray, publishers, from Henrietta Herbert, Henry Howard Herbert and Henry John Herbert : Correspondence. 1829-1879
- Herbert, Henrietta
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Herbert, Henry John George, Herbert, Henry Howard Molyneux, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "Letters from the Countess of Carnarvon, the 3rd Earl of Carnarvon, and the 4th Earl of Carnarvon to John Murray II and John Murray III, with related letters. The letters of Henry Howard Herbert, the 4th Earl, concern several of his publications including "The archaeology of Berkshire" and "Recollection of the Druses of the Lebanon, and notes on their religion"; the letters of Henry John Herbert, the 3rd Earl, mostly concern his work "Portugal and Gallicia". The letters are arranged alphabetically by correspondent and by date under each name."
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:MS.40550
Herbert, Henrietta, 1837-1861 and uncertain date: folios 1-6; Herbert, Henry Howard Molyneux: 1859: folios 7-18; 1860-1864: folios 19-55; 1867-1870: folios 56-87; (1) 1872-1874: folios 88-112; (2) 1877-1879: folios 113-127; uncertain dates: folios 128-129 Herbert, Henry John George, 1829-1848 and uncertain date: folios 130-162. (3) Notes: 1. Includes letter, 1 March 1869, from Henry Howard Herbert to William Smith: folios 77-78. 2. Includes letter, 13 August 1873, on behalf of Henry Howard Herbert to Robert Cooke: folios 94-95; letter, 10 October 1873, from Henry Howard Herbert, probably to Gathorne Gathorne-Hardy: folios 96-97. 3. Includes letter, 1830, from Henry John Herbert to John Gibson Lockhart: folios 132-133.
Incoming correspondence received by John Murray, publishers
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Letters to John Murray, publishers, from Henrietta Herbert, Henry Howard Herbert and Henry John Herbert Letters to John Murray, publishers, from Henrietta Herbert, Henry Howard Herbert and Henry John Herbert, 1829-1879
- Copyright Note:
- The National Library of Scotland
View MARC record | catkey: 33848939