Letters to John Murray, publishers, from Austen Henry Layard : Correspondence. 27 Apr 1848 - 27 Nov 1853
- Layard, Austen Henry
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "Letters addressed to John Murray III and arranged chronologically. Touch primarily on Layard's written works, and includes a list of errata "in case of a second edition", discussion of a "preface or introduction" and comments on "the Sultan's copy of the folio" and illustrative plates. Layard also touches on his journeys, antiquities and the British Museum. Also includes a proof illustration of an Armenian farmer for Layard's "Discoveries in the ruins of Nineveh and Babylon"."
- AMDigital Reference:MS.40677, "1848: folios 1-18; 1849: folios 19-41; 1850: folios 42-49; 1851: folios 50-67; 1852: folios 68-107; 1853: folios 108-141. Includes letter of James Fergusson to John Murray III: folios 20A-20B; Folio 84 is a proof illustration of an Armenian plough and ploughmen. The illustration was used under the caption, "Armenian Plough, near Akhlat", in Layard's "Discoveries in the ruins of Nineveh and Babylon", page 22. ", and Incoming correspondence received by John Murray, publishers
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Letters to John Murray, publishers, from Austen Henry Layard Letters to John Murray, publishers, from Austen Henry Layard, 27 Apr 1848 - 27 Nov 1853
- Copyright Note:
- The National Library of Scotland
View MARC record | catkey: 33848963