SN Video coding and web development. Getting started with Git / Springer
- Additional Titles:
- Getting started with Git and Springer Nature video coding and web development
- London, England : Springer Nature, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (59 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Beecher, Karl and Springer Nature (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Understand how to use one of the most popular version control systems out there. Mixing shorter, theoretical segments with longer, practically-oriented tasks that give concrete demonstrations of Git in action, this video teaches you motivations and typical goals and then shows you how to achieve them.You will begin by learning the principles behind versioning and how versioning is affected by being distributed. After explaining what Git is and giving reasons why you might want to use it, this video then shows how to set up and configure Git before moving onto explaining how to create Git repositories. The basics of working locally are explained before the distributed aspect is then introduced. This leads to a discussion of working with remote repositories, as well as how to track a project's history and even change it by undoing your actions.This video is designed to be appealing both to users who are command-line oriented as well as those who are more comfortable using Git via a graphical interface. Each feature is demonstrated using both methods in a split-screen approach. The tools for carrying out tasks in Git are demonstrated step-by-step, allowing you to see exactly how they should be carried out in real-time.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 9, 2021).
View MARC record | catkey: 33860723