Churchill's bodyguard. 10, Suicide attack in Tehran / writer/producer, Jonathan Martin ; directed by Jonathan Martin and Philip Nugus ; produced by Nugus/Martin Productions Ltd. for BBC Worldwide Ltd & UKTV history
- Additional Titles:
- Suicide attack in Tehran
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (59 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Jonathan, Nugus, Philip, Powell, Robert, 1944-, Nugus/Martin Productions, Ltd, and BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Walter Thompson, Winston Churchill's personal bodyguard for over 20 years, saved the great statesman's life on at least 13 separate occasions. But Thompson was much more than simply Churchill's protector. Friend, confidante and companion; Thompson was, for many years, the only person Churchill could turn to for a normal conversation. From Thompson's early years at Scotland Yard to his last day in Churchill's service after his defeat in the 1945 General Election, this series examines the strong personal bond that developed between the two men over the many years they spent together. Drawing content from Thompson's own diaries, and a wealth of archive material, this is a compelling insight into the dedication, bravery and resourcefulness of the man who, in effect, was Churchill's closest friend during some of the most turbulent years of the 20th Century.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 15, 2021). and Based on the original writings of Walter Thompson.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Robert Powell. With the voice of Dennis Waterman as Walter Thompson.
View MARC record | catkey: 33860848