The sayings and doings of Samuel Slick, Esq. : together with his opinion on matrimony / by Judge Haliburton
- Haliburton, Thomas Chandler, 1796-1865
- Uniform Title:
- Clockmaker, or, The sayings and doings of Samuel Slick, of Slickville. 3rd series
- Additional Titles:
- Sam Slick's sayings & doings and Sam Slick's sayings and doings
- New York : Dick & Fitzgerald, [1858?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, -263 pages ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hennessy, William John, 1839-1917, Avery, Samuel Putnam, 1822-1904, and Dick & Fitzgerald
- James B. Meriwether Collection of Antebellum Southern Realistic and Humorous Writing.
- Previously published as the third series of his "The clockmaker" (London : Richard Bentley, 1840).
Dick & Fitzgerald published under this name starting in 1858. Cf. LCAF no95031181.
Publication date listed as 1858 in J.D. Logan's Thomas Chandler Haliburton, p. 159.
Listed in Orville A. Roorbach's Bibliotheca Americana, vol. 4 (Mar. 1858-Jan. 1861), p. 65; not listed in any prior volume.
Cover illustration signed: W. Hennessy Del., Avery.sc.
View MARC record | catkey: 3402067