Fatherless sons : healing the legacy of loss / Jonathan Diamond
- Diamond, Jonathan, Ph. D.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 257 pages ; 25 cm
- Introduction -- Mourning has broken -- How men grieve -- Ketchup -- Do you know why you're wonderful?: Lessons on love and acceptance -- Thanksgiving '97 -- Help me to remember you: lessons on loss and abandonment -- Ebbets field -- There's no place like home: lessons on anger and forgiveness -- The piano lesson -- How deep is the well?: Healing loneliness, emptiness, and despair -- Casper, Calla, Cajun and Baxter -- Shelter from the storm -- The wishing well: lessons on work and love -- R-e-s-p-e-c-t -- Wittgenstein's tigers: lessons on faith and humor -- The race -- What was he thinking!?!: lessons on violence and redemption -- The elements -- Mom -- The portrait -- Saying good-bye -- "Is this what I want to do with my death?": Teaching our sons about death and dying -- The apparition -- The serenity prayer: lessons on faith and God -- The pilgrimage -- Parting words -- "Do-over!!!" -- Fathering without fathers -- My inheritance -- Prayer as a form of remembrance -- Epilogue.
- 047121969X (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 241-250) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3405284