For the curious young gentlemen and ladies [electronic resource] : that study and practise the ... art of drawing, ... a new and compleat drawing-book; ... Being the close study, ... of the late Mr. Lens, ... In sixty-two copper-plates, engraved by himself. ... To which is prefixed an introduction to drawing; ... Translated from the French of Monsieur Gerrard de Lairesse, and improved with extracts from C. A. Du Fresnoy, Salmon, &c.
- Lens, Bernard, 1682-1740
- London : printed for Carington Bowles, 1766.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 21, 1 unnumbered page, plates ; obl.2⁰.
- The text draws on 'Les principes du dessein' by Gérard de Lairesse and 'De arte graphica' by Charles Alphonse Dufresnoy., Reproduction of original from the Bodleian Library (Oxford)., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCN31851.
View MARC record | catkey: 3410499