A General history of trade [electronic resource] : and especially consider'd as it respects the British commerce, as well at home, as to all parts of the world. With essays upon the improvement of our trade in particular
- London [England] : printed for J. Baker, at the Black-Boy in Pater-Noster-Row, 1713.
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Defoe, Daniel, 1661?-1731
- Introductory issue includes historical summary of trade and commerce, with definitions; later issues deal with various topics relating to foreign trade.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- [This for the month of June. 1713]-This for the month of September. .
- Publication Frequency:
- Anonymous. Attributed to Daniel Defoe.
Title repeated as caption on first page of text.
Imprint includes year of publicaiton.
Note below title: "To be continued monthly".
Price below imprint.
Issues paginated and signed separately.
Reproduction of original from the Bodleian Library (Oxford).
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Special Numbering:
- All issues lack numerical designation.
First issue lacks chronological designation; dated from imprint.
No more published.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Hanson, 1799
Times handlist, p. 37
Crane & Kaye, 263
Catalogue of the Goldsmiths' Library of Economic Literature, 37441
McLeod, W. and V. Graphical directory of serials, p. 17
Furbank, P. and Owens, W. Bibliography of Daniel Defoe, 154
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present, 26884
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCP208.
View MARC record | catkey: 3411905