The London magazine: or, Gentleman's monthly intelligencer [electronic resource].
- Uniform Title:
- London magazine: or, Gentleman's monthly intelligencer (London, England : 1732 : Annual)
- Additional Titles:
- London magazine
Gentleman's monthly intelligencer
Section title in each issue: Gentleman's monthly intelligencer
- London [England] : printed by C[harles]. Ackers in St. John's Street, for J[ohn]. Wilford, behind the Chapter-House in St. Paul's Church-Yard; .T[homas]. Cox [sic] at the Lamb under the Royal-Exchange; J[ohn]. Clarke at the Golden-Ball in Duck-Lane; and T[homas]. Astley at the Rose over-against the North Door of St. Pauls, [1732-1735]
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes ; 8⁰ (22 cm).
- Additional Creators:
- Kimber, Isaac, 1692-1755
Pine, John, 1690-1756
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- [Vol. 1] [April] MDCCXXXII.-[vol. 4] MDCCXXXVI.
- Related Titles:
- Universal Spectator
- Publication Frequency:
- Annual (Cumulation)
- Edited by Isaac Kimber (cf. NCBEL).
Imprint varies slightly.
Title page engraving signed: J. Pine Fecit.
Below engraving on title pages: Multum in parvo.
Text begins with factotum initial.
Includes reprinted material from: The Universal Spectator, The Weekly Register, Fog's Journal, The London Journal, The Craftsman, The Craftsman Extraordinary, The Free Briton, The Grubstreet Journal, The Daily Courant, Applebee's Journal, and other London periodicals.
Includes poetry, British and European news, Parliamentary news, stock prices, birth, death and marriage notices, excerpts from literature, and booksellers' advertisements.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Special Numbering:
- Individual issues have chronological designation only.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Index Note:
- Includes cumulative indexes to subjects, persons named, books.
General index (1732-1758) published: London: R[ichard]. Baldwin, 1760.
- Complexity Note:
- Cumulates: The London magazine.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1297
Times handlist, p. 40
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCP2028.
View MARC record | catkey: 3411908