By the King, a proclamation. George R. Whereas we are informed, that divers seamen and seafaring men are gotten into the inland counties [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Great Britain. Sovereign (1714-1727 : George I)
- Uniform Title:
- Proclamations. 1719-03-19
- Additional Titles:
- Whereas we are informed, that divers seamen and seafaring men are gotten into the inland counties
- London : printed by John Baskett, printer to the Kings most excellent Majesty, and by the assigns of Thomas Newcomb, and Henry Hills, deceas'd, 1718 [i.e. 1719]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 1⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- George I, King of Great Britain, 1660-1727
- "Given at our court at St. James's the nineteenth day of March, 1718.".
Dates given according to Lady Day dating.
For the apprehension of straggling seamen, watermen, etc. evading His Majesty's service.
Variant: the "i" of "assigns" has failed to print.
Steele notation: in- which be. Press letter B under imprint on the right.
Reproduction of original from the Harvard University Houghton Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT19453.
View MARC record | catkey: 3413922