American Civil War : interpreting conflict through primary documents / Justin D. Murphy, editor
- Santa Barbara, California : ABC-CLIO, an imprint of ABC-CLIO, LLC, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (2 volumes (xliii, 735 pages)) : maps
- Additional Creators:
- Murphy, Justin D. and Gale (Firm)
- v. 1. Before the war ; 1861 ; 1862 -- v. 2. 1863 ; 1864 ; 1865 ; After the war.
- This title analyzes Civil War primary sources to help readers to understand the history of the bloodiest American conflict. It covers every aspect of the war, from its origins to its bloody engagements, all the way through the Reconstruction period. Includes orders and reports of significant battles, political debates and speeches, legislation, court cases, and literary works, and gives equal treatment to Eastern and Western Theaters and to Union and Confederate sources.
- 9781440856310 (electronic book)
9781440856303 (set : alkaline paper)
9781440856327 (volume 1 : alkaline paper)
9781440856334 (volume 2 : alkaline paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34147981