The hobbit / editor, Stephen W. Potts, University of California, San Diego
- Ipswich, Massachusetts : Salem Press ; Amenia, NY : Grey House Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 245 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Potts, Stephen W., 1949- and Gale (Firm)
- The Portal to Middle-earth / Stephen W. Potts -- The Life of J.R.R. Tolkien / Stephen W. Potts -- J.R.R. Tolkien's world : literary, cultural, and historical influences on Middle-earth's subcreator / Kelly R. Orazi -- An unexpected success : the Hobbit and the critics / Alicia Fox-Lenz -- The riddles and the cup : medieval Germanic motifs in the Hobbit / Jason Fisher -- Bilbo Baggins, Harry Potter, and the fate of enchantment / John Rosegrant -- "Of gold and an alloy" : Tolkien, the Hobbit, and the northern heroic spirit / Hannah Parry -- "Witness those rings and roundelays" : The Hobbit as fairy-story / Jared Lobdell -- Fairy-stories that fueled the Hobbit / Kris Swank -- The poems of the Hobbit / Josh Brown -- A turning point in his career : the effect of the Hobbit on Middle-earth / Sara Waldorf -- The Hobbit : a mythopoeic need for adventure / Jelena Borojević -- Growing up Tolkien : finding our way through Mirkwood / Kayla Shaw -- How to slay a dragon when you are only three feet tall / Aurélie Brémont -- Tolkien and the illustrators : visual representations of the Hobbit / M. Lee Alexander.
- This book provides readers with a collection of essays and in-depth discussions of J.R.R. Tolkien's novel, "The Hobbit". A chronology of Tolkien's life, a complete list of Tolkien's works and their original dates of publication, a general bibliography, a detailed paragraph on the volume's editor, notes on the individual chapter authors, and a subject index are also provided.
- 9781682171219 (electronic book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34148097