Verb-verb complexes in Asian languages / Taro Kageyama, Peter E. Hook, and Prashant Pardeshi
- Kageyama, Tarō, 1949-
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2021.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (608 pages) : illustrations (black and white).
- Additional Creators:
- Hook, Peter Edwin and Parudeshi, Purashanto, 1965-
- Oxford scholarship online
- This volume is the first to present a detailed survey of the systems of verb-verb complexes - compounds consisting of a main verb and a quasi-auxiliary - in Asian languages. Leading specialists offer an in-depth analysis of the diachrony and geographical distribution of these constructions in a wide range of Asian languages.
- 9780191821424 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition also issued in print: 2021.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34148636