Meet the Expert: Ben Sigelman on Observability's ROI [electronic resource] / Sigelman, Ben
- Sigelman, Ben
- O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2021.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 video file, approximately 58 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- It seems like everyone is selling "observability" these days. And companies are buying! But for many software organizations, the cost of observability is growing much more quickly than the benefits it delivers. In this Meet the Expert, Ben Sigelman draws on his experiences building out the core observability functions at Google, cocreating and shepherding both OpenTelemetry and OpenTracing. Working in the field as Lightstep's founder and CEO, Ben examines why the current ROI for observability is lacking. You'll learn the critical distinction between observability and telemetry, explore the fundamental cost structures underlying each, and discover how to reframe observability to make some of the most powerful and transformative benefits accessible to the entire organization-not just the experts. Recorded on May 25, 2021. See the original event page for resources for further learning or watch recordings of other past events . O'Reilly Meet the Expert explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You'll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 34149029