The Diamond Jubilee. Thames pageant / producers, Clare Megahey, Zoe Timmers ; director, Ian Russell ; BBC Productions
- Additional Titles:
- Thames pageant, Diamond Jubilee 2012, River pageant (1 x 240') - Worldwide, and River pageant
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (296 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Russell, Ian (Ian Alexander), Timmers, Zoe, Megahey, Claire, and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- At high water in the afternoon of Sunday 3 June 2012, up to a thousand boats muster on the River Thames in preparation for Her Majesty The Queen to lead the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. It will be one of the largest flotillas ever assembled on the river. Boats of all shapes and sizes will be beautifully dressed with streamers and Union Jacks, their crews and passengers turned out in their finest rigs. The flotilla is further bolstered with passenger boats carrying up to thirty thousand flag-waving members of the public. The whole armada will sail for more than seven miles through London and out beneath Tower Bridge. In a newly crafted royal barge, sits the Queen. The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant celebrates Her Majesty's sixty years of service by magnificently bringing the Thames to life; making it joyously full with boats, resounding with clanging bells, tooting horns and sounding whistles; recalling both its royal heritage and its heyday as a working, bustling river.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 28, 2021).
View MARC record | catkey: 34151315