Kikujiro / produced by Bandai Visual, Tokyo FM, Nippon Herald & Office Kitano ; producers, Masayuki Mori, Takio Yoshida ; directed, written & edited by Takeshi Kitano
- New York, NY : Sony Pictures Classics, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (117 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Bīto Takeshi, Mori, Masayuki, 1953-, Yoshida, Takio, Bandai Bijuaru Kabushiki Kaisha, Efuemu Tōkyō, Kabushiki Kaisha, Nippon Herald Films, and Ofisu Kitano
- Language Note:
- In Japanese with English subtitles.
- In the tradition of Central Station comes Kikujiro, the highly acclaimed new film from Takeshi "Beat" Kitano, the award-winning director of (Fireworks, Hana-Bi and Sonatine). Lonely nine-year-old Masao leaves Tokyo in search of his mother, a woman he's never met. He's accompanied on his journey across the Japanese countryside by surly, middle-aged petty crook Kikujiro (Kitano), who is none too happy being the chaperone. When Kikujiro gambles away all of Masao's travel money, the two must rely on their wits and the kindness of colorful strangers. Along the way, as the two share a series of wild and unpredictable adventures, they end up at a destination that neither of them could have imagined.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 28, 2021).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Beat Takeshi, Yusuke Sekiguchi, Kayoko Kishimoto, Kazuko Yoshiyuki.
View MARC record | catkey: 34151691