Omnibus. Courtney Pine and the new jazz / producer, John Archer ; .director, Faith Isiakpere ; BBC
- Additional Titles:
- Courtney Pine and the new jazz
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (49 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Isiakpere, Faith, Archer, John, 1953-, and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Courtney Pine galvanized London's jazz revival in the 80s. Drawing inspiration from funk, reggae and soul, his music is a pulsating blend of Caribbean, African and Latin American with the sax onslaughts that led critics to hail him as "the new John Coltrane". Playing solo, with his quintet, with the 24-piece Jazz Warriors and in rehearsal with singer Mari Wilson, Pine's style is contrasted with Steve Williamson and the Clark Tracey Quintet, while Stan Tracey and George Melly remember the old days of British jazz.
- Related Titles:
- In series: Omnibus (Television program : 1967-2003)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 28, 2021).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Performances by Courtney Pine Quintet, Jazz Warriors, Clark Tracey Quintet.
View MARC record | catkey: 34151792