Hepatitis C: Care and Treatment [electronic resource] : Volume 2 / edited by Angelos Hatzakis
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 219 p. 27 illus., 24 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hatzakis, Angelos and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Assessment of liver disease severity -- Hepatitis C and autoimmunity -- Extrahepatic manifestations -- Treatment indications and pretreatment assessment -- Available agents - contraindications and potential drug-drug interactions -- Current management of patients with HCV genotype 1 -- Current management of patients with HCV genotype 2 -- Current management of patients with HCV genotype 3 -- Current management of patients with HCV genotype 4 -- Current management of patients with HCV genotype 5 or 6 -- The role of RAVs in the current management of HCV -- Management of patients with HCV decompensated cirrhosis -- Management of patients with acute hepatitis C -- Management of transplant patients -- Management of immune complex-mediated manifestations of HCV -- Management of patients with co-infections (HBV, HIV) -- Management of patients under hemodialysis.-Management of active drug addicts or patients on maintenance substitution -- Management of patients with hemoglobinopathies or bleeding disorders -- Follow-up during and after treatment.
- This volume provides the reader with a detailed overview of the current state-of-the art approach of Hepatitis C management. It reviews the course of action in handling of chronic Hepatitis C patients with various HCV genotypes and treats special cases such as acute hepatitis, transplant and renal patients as well as people who inject drugs. The two volume work on Hepatitis C introduces to the topic by reviewing virology, diagnosis, epidemiology, prevention, management and elimination of HCV. The book provides a valuable source at full length for researchers and clinicians working on Hepatitis C.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 34151921