Azmaish : a journey through the subcontinent / Women Make Movies ; Vidhi Films presents Kalki Koechlin in a film by Sabiha Sumar ; directed by Sabiha Sumar ; produced by Sachithanandam Sathananthan ; written by Sabiha Sumar, Julia Rose, Sachithanandam Sathananthan ; a Vidhi Films production in co-production with ZDF, in cooperation with ARTE
- [New York, New York] : [Distributed by] Women Make Movies, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (1 hr., 24 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Sumar, Sabiha, 1961-, Sathananthan, Sachithanandam, Rose, Julia, Koechlin, Kalki, 1983-, Vidhi Films, Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen, Association relative à la télévision européenne, and Women Make Movies (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English, Urdu, and Hindi with English subtitles.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- In 1947, Pakistan and India were divided. Pakistan chose the Islamic way and India chose the secular way. In this film, Sabiha Sumar sets off on a journey to uncover the complex relationship between the two countries, focusing in on the religious fundamentalism present in each country as well as uncovering the common humanity beyond the divisive political rhetoric.
- Title from title frames. and Originally produced by: Vidhi Films, ©2017.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directors of photography, Claire Pijman, NSC, Peter Burgman, NSC, Mo Azmi ; editor, Martin Hoffmann ; composer, Aamir Zaki.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Sabiha Sumar ; participant: Kalki Koechlin.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player. and Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 34152450