Guernica / Pierre Braunberger présente ; un film de Alain Resnais et Robert Hessens ; texte de Paul Eluard dit par Maria Casares et Jacques Pruvost ; directeur de production, Claude Hauser ; Pantheon Production
- [Brooklyn, New York] : [Distributed by] Icarus Films, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.) : digital, sound, black and white
- Additional Creators:
- Hessens, Robert, Resnais, Alain, 1922-2014, Braunberger, Pierre, 1905-1990, Hauser, Claude, Éluard, Paul, 1895-1952, Casarès, Maria, Pruvost, Jacques, Panthéon-Production, and Icarus Films
- Language Note:
- In French with English subtitles.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- This film features paintings, drawings and sculptures made by Picasso between 1902 and 1949. Accompanying the artworks is a dramatic piece by surrealist poet Paul Eluard, read by actor Maria Casares. In the first few minutes of the film, Picasso's deeply human drawings evoke daily life. Then comes the bombing, with lives shattered and destroyed. Here, the focus is on "Guernica" itself, as the film spotlights details of the painting over a frenzied and disturbing score.
- Title from title frames.
Film restored by Les Films du Pantheon.
Originally produced by: Pantheon Production, .
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music, Guy Bernard ; camera, A. Dumaitre, W. Novik.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 34152469