Red wedding : women under the Khmer Rouge / Women Make Movies ; Rithy Panh presents ; a film by Lida Chan, Guillaume Suon ; writer, Lida Chan, Guillaume Suon ; directed by Lida Chan and Guillaume Suon ; produced by Rithy Panh ; production, Bophana Production, Tipasa Production
- [New York, New York] : [Distributed by] Women Make Movies, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (58 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Chan, Lida, Suon, Guillaume, Rithy Panh, Bophana Production (Firm), Tipasa Production (Firm), and Women Make Movies (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In Khmer with English subtitles.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- The Killing Fields in Cambodia became known to the world but little is known about the struggles of the women left behind. From 1975-79, Pol Pot's campaign to increase the population forced at least 250,000 young Cambodian women to marry Khmer Rouge soldiers they had never met before. Sochan Pen was one of them. At 16, she was beaten and raped by her husband before managing to escape, though deeply scarred by her experience. After 30 years of silence, Sochan is ready to file a complaint with the international tribunal that will try former Khmer leaders. With quiet dignity, she starts demanding answers from those who carried out the regime's orders. To tell a story little known outside Cambodia, Cambodian Lida Chan and French-Cambodian Guillaume Suon includes Khmer Rouge era footage underscoring war's traumatic legacy for Sochan's generation of women.
- Title from title frames. and Originally produced by: Bophana Production, Tipasa Production, ©2012; previously released in 2013.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Video editing, Guillaume Suon, Lida Chan, Saobora Narin ; original score, Benjamin Bleuez, Etienne Lechuga ; cinematography, Guillaume Suon.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player. and Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 34152492