The art of cookery made plain and easy : which far exceeds any thing of the kind yet published... To which are added, by way of appendix, one hundred and fifty new and useful receipts, and a copious index Printed Cookbook; Domestic Cookbook. 1767
- Glasse, Hannah, 1708-1770
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, London, UK, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- M.DCC.LXVII - 'a new edition'.
- AMDigital Reference:Cookery A/GLA, Facsimile signature of author on p.1. Pp. 273-288 are wrongly numbered 373-388., and Cookery Collection;The Cookery Collection contains printed and archival material relating to food and cooking that dates from the late 15th century until the present day. The Printed Books sub-collection is principally made up from two separate collections. Blanche Legat Leigh, Lady Mayoress of Leeds, made a gift in 1939 of cookery books which included not only historical works published in Britain but also a large number of foreign, particularly Italian and French, works on cookery. John F Preston made another major gift in 1962. Among many other smaller gifts and bequests is that of over 100 Chinese cookery books, presented by Frank and Margaret Leeming. This collection contains works which date from the late 15th century until the present day on a variety of subjects, including gastronomy, home economics, medicine, confectionery, recipes, menus, and vegetarianism.;Cookery Printed Books
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: The art of cookery made plain and easy : which far exceeds any thing of the kind yet published... To which are added, by way of appendix, one hundred and fifty new and useful receipts, and a copious index, 1767
- Location of Originals:
- Brotherton Library, University of Leeds
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from the Brotherton Library, University of Leeds
View MARC record | catkey: 34159536