An account of the rise, progress, and present state of the Magdalen Charity [electronic resource] : To which are added the Rev. Dr. Dodd's sermons, preached before the president, vice-presidents, and governors, &c. His sermon preached before his Royal Highness the Duke of York, &c. And the advice to the Magdalens; with the hymns, prayers, rules, and list of subscribers
- Dodd, William, 1729-1777
- [London] : printed by W. Faden, for the Charity. And sold by J. Whiston and B. White; L. Davis and C. Reymers; J. Newbery; J. Walter; A. Cook; and Mr. Leake at Bath, 1766.
- The third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 253, that is, 255 pages, 1 unnumbered page, plate ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Magdalen Hospital (London, England)
- P.255 is misnumbered 253.
The sermon preached before the president is of the sixth edition, that before the Duke of York is of the fifth edition, that preached at the anniversary meeting of the governors is of the third edition, the advice to the Magdalens is of the fourth edition.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Roscoe, A125 (3)
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT93959.
View MARC record | catkey: 3422792