The courtier [electronic resource] : or, the complete gentleman and gentlewoman. Being, a treatise of the politest manner of educating persons of distinction ... Translated from the Italian original of Balthasar, Count Castiglione. In four books
- Castiglione, Baldassarre, conte, 1478-1529
- Uniform Title:
- Libro del cortegiano. English
- London : printed for E. Curll, 1729
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 1 unnumbered page, 96;336, 8 unnumbered pages ; 8⁰.
- Translated by Robert Samber.
With an index.
The second part, containing books II-IV, has separate pagination and register.
A reissue of Bettesworth's 1724 edition, with a cancel titlepage.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT144310.
View MARC record | catkey: 3429228