The northern impostor [electronic resource] ; being a faithful narrative of the adventures, and deceptions, of James George Semple, commonly called Major Semple, ... Likewise an account of his trial, ... at the Old Bailey, for defrauding Mr. John Lycett of a post-chaise, ...
- Uniform Title:
- Northern hero
- London : printed for G. Kearsley; and sold by all booksellers, 1786.
- [The sixth edition. With considerable additions, .. ].
- Physical Description:
- xv, 1 unnumbered page, 13-*126, *103-120 pages, plate : portrait ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Semple, James George, 1759-
- Half-title: 'Memoirs of Major Semple, the northern impostor.'., Half-title and titlepage bear at head: 'The sixth edition'., Text is continuous despite pagination., Reproduction of original from the British Library., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT155120.
View MARC record | catkey: 3430484