A bill in the Chancery of New-Jersey, at the suit of John Earl of Stair, and others, proprietors of the Eastern-Division of New-Jersey; against Benjamin Bond, and some other persons of Elizabeth-Town, distinguished by the name of the Clinker Lot Right Men [electronic resource] : With three large maps, done from copper-plates. To which is added; the publications of the Council of Proprietors of East New-Jersey, and Mr. Nevill's speeches to the General Assembly, concerning the riots committed in New-Jersey, and the pretences of the rioters, and their seducers. These papers will give a better light into the history and constitution of New-Jersey, than any thing hitherto published, the matters whereof have been chiefly collected from records
- Corporate Author:
- Board of Proprietors of the Eastern Division of New Jersey
- [New York] : Published by subscription: printed by James Parker, in New-York, 1747; and a few copies are to be sold by him, and Benjamin Franklin, in Philadelphia; price bound, and maps coloured, three pounds; plain and stitcht only, fifty shillings, Proclamation Money, 
- Physical Description:
- 124, 11, 5 unnumbered pages, 13-15, 17-24, 1 unnumbered page, 25-39, 3 unnumbered pages, 3 folded leaves of plates : 3 maps ; 2⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Nevill, Samuel, 1697?-1764, Bond, Benjamin, Alexander, James, 1691-1756, and New Jersey. Court of Chancery
- A presentation of the case of the East Jersey proprietors against the occupants of lands in the town of Elizabeth deriving their title from grants made by Governor Nicolls about eighty years earlier., The bill (filed Apr. 13, 1745) is signed: Ja. Alexander, Jos. Murray, of council for the complainants., Printed in two columns., Maps engraved by James Turner of Boston., Errata notes, p. ., The final leaf has a facsimile front page from the New-York gazette, no. 268 (March 7, 1748), published by James Parker., Reproduction of original from the British Library., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 6021, Evans, C. American bibliography, 6022, Evans, C. American bibliography, 6023, Evans, C. American bibliography, 6024, Felcone, J. New Jersey Books, 1992, 21, and English Short Title Catalog, ESTCW2730.
View MARC record | catkey: 3436382