A parallel of the antient architecture with the modern [electronic resource] : in a collection of ten principal authors who have written upon the five orders, viz. Palladio and Scamozzi, Serlio and Vignola, D. Barbaro and Cataneo, L. B. Alberti and Viola, Bullant and D Lorme, compared with one another. ... Written in French by Roland Freart, Sieur de Chambray. ... To which is added, An account of architects and architecture, ... With Leon Baptista Alberti's treatise of statues. By John Evelyn, Esq; ... The third edition, with the addition of The elements of architecture; collected by Sir Henry Wotton ... and also other large additions
- Fréart, Roland, sieur de Chambray, 1606-1676
- Uniform Title:
- Parallèle de l'architecture antique et de la moderne. English
- London : printed by T. W. for D. Browne, J. Walthoe, B. and S. Tooke, D. Midwinter, W. Mears, and F. Clay, 1723.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages, xx, xxv-xxxviii, 115, 7 unnumbered pages, 74 pages, plate : illustrations ; 2⁰.
- Titlepage in red and black., 'Account of architects' has separate titlepage, pagination and register., Text of preliminaries continuous., Reproduction of original from the British Library., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Social sciences and fine arts series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT43635.
View MARC record | catkey: 3436431