You should see yourself : Jewish identity in postmodern American culture / edited by Vincent Brook
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 337 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Brook, Vincent, 1946-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction : seeing isn't believing / Vincent Brook -- Re-imagining the Jew's body : from self-loathing to "Grepts" / Andrea Most -- Recalling "home" from beneath the shadow of the Holocaust : American Jewish women writers of the new wave / Janet Handler Burstein -- "Your world is very different from mine" : troubling Jewish identity in postmodern American theater / Jan Lewis -- Tony Kushner's metaphorical Jew / James Fisher -- Exploring the postmodern landscape of Jewish music / Judah M. Cohen -- Continuity, creativity, and conflict : the ongoing search for "Jewish" music / Marsha Bryan Edelman -- The Jewish man and his dancing shtick : stock characterization and Jewish masculinity in postmodern dance / Rebecca Rossen -- Between exile and irony : modernism, postmodernism, and Jewish modes of thought / Ruth Weisberg -- Observant Jews and the photographic arena of looks / MacDonald Moore, Deborah Dash Moore -- Joke-work : the construction of Jewish postmodern identity in contemporary theory and American film / Ruth D. Johnston -- They all are Jews / Daniel Itzkovitz -- Genealogies of Jewish stand-up : looking back, moving beyond / Donald Weber -- Something old is new again? : postmodern Jewishness in Curb your enthusiasm, Arrested development, and The O.C. / Michele Byers, Rosalin Krieger -- "Y'all killed him, we didn't!" : Jewish self-hatred and The Larry Sanders show / Vincent Brook.
- 0813538440 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813538440 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813538459 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780813538457 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3438082