Braided rivers : process, deposits, ecology and management / edited by Gregory H. Sambrook Smith [and others].
- Malden, MA ; Oxford : Blackwell Pub., 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 390 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Sambrook Smith, Gregory H.
- Braided rivers : where have we come in 10 years? : progress and future needs -- Greg Sambrook Smith ... [et al.] -- Depositional models of braided rivers -- John S. Bridge and Ian A. Lunt -- A sedimentological model to characterize braided river deposits for hydrogeological applications / Peter Huggenberger and Christian Regli -- Scaling and hierarchy in braided rivers and their deposits : examples and implications for reservoir modelling / Sean Kelly -- Approaching the system-scale understanding of braided river behaviour / Stuart N. Lane -- Cellular modelling of braided river form and process / A.P. Nicholas, R. Thomas, and T.A. Quine -- Numerical modelling of alternate bars in shallow channels / A. Bernini, V. Caleffi, and A. Valiani -- Methods for assessing exploratory computational models of braided rivers / Andrea B. Doeschl, Peter E. Ashmore, and Matt Davison -- Bed load transport in braided gravel-bed rivers / Christian Marti and Gian Reto Bezzola -- Sediment transport in a microscale braided stream : from grain size to reach scale -- P. Meunier and F. Métivier -- Morphological analysis and prediction of river bifurcations / Guido Zolezzi, Walter Bertoldi, and Marco Tubino -- Braided river management : from assessment of river behaviour to improved sustainable development / Hervé Piégay ... [et al.] -- Bank protection and river training along the braided Brahmaputrajamuna River, Bangladesh / Erik Mosselman -- Morphological esponse of the Brahmaputra-Padma-Lower Meghna river system to the Assam earthquake of 1950 / Maminul Haque Sarker and Colin R. Thorne -- Use of remote-sensing with two-dimensional hydrodynamic models to assess impacts of hydro-operations on a large, braided, gravel-bed river : Waitaki River, New Zealand / D. Murray Hicks ... [et al.] -- Effects of human impact on braided river morphology : examples from northern Italy / Nicola Surian -- Ecology of braided rivers / Klement Tockner ... [et al.] -- Riparian tree establishment on gravel bars : interactions between plant growth strategy and the physical environment / Robert A. Francis ... [et al.].
- 1405151218 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3438147