The story of modern skiing / John Fry
- Fry, John
- Hanover : University Press of New England, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 380 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- People and place. Genesis ; A way of life ; From rope tow to resort -- Technique and equipment: partners in progress. A revolution in equipment ; Technique: from stem to carve ; New ways to learn -- Alpine competition. The world of alpine racing ; How skiing changed the Olympics ; Racing in America -- Diversity: new disciplines, old ones restored. Cross-country ; Extremities ; Freestyle ; Snowboarding -- The culture and business of skiing. "The industry" ; In print ; In movies, on television ; The new ski country.
- 1584654899 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9781584654896 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -366) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3438264