An Old English Martyrology (1900) : Re-edited from Manuscripts in the Libraries of the British Museum and of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge / by George Herzfeld
- Herzfeld, George M.
- Boca Raton, FL : Routledge, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (290 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Taylor & Francis
- Routledge Revivals
- 1. Historical Remarks. 2. Criticism of the MSS. 3. Date and Place of Origin. 4. The Sources. 5. Text. 6. Addenda and Corrigenda
- First published in 1900, this Reader uses four manuscripts from the British Museum and Corpus Christi College Cambridge to present a thorough introduction along with a dual-language edition of the text. The original manuscripts, as Herzfeld demonstrates, are of varying qualities and comprise of the Anglian, West Saxon, Kentish and Mercian dialects. The re-edited text is presented alongside historical remarks, criticism of the manuscript, the text's ultimate date and place of origin and an exploration of its potential sources.
- 9780429462641(e-book : PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print format.
View MARC record | catkey: 34502171