Alternatives for delivering public services : toward improved performance / edited by E.S. Savas
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (158 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Savas, Emanuel S.
- Taylor & Francis: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- OCLC metadata license agreement: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Foreword -- Introduction -- Public Goods and Public Choices -- Citizen Choice in Public Services: Voucher Systems -- Alternatives to City Departments.
- This book is the result of a program undertaken nine years ago by the Diebold Institute for Public Policy Studies, Inc., to identify and analyze potentials for private sector involvement in the delivery of public services. Since its founding in 1968, the Diebold Institute has focused on this question in the belief that private enterprise is capable of infusing public service delivery with the efficiency in resource allocation and management that is its hallmark, whether through direct involvement as a service provider or as a source of market dynamics and management techniques.
- 9780429047978 (electronic bk.)
0429047975 (electronic bk.)
9780429706899 (electronic bk. : PDF)
0429706898 (electronic bk. : PDF)
9780429746918 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
0429746911 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
9780429726903 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
0429726902 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
- First published 1977 by Westview Press.
View MARC record | catkey: 34503001