The international monetary tangle : myths and realities / by Guillaume Guindey ; translated by Michael L. Hoffman
- Guindey, Guillaume, 1909-1989
- Uniform Title:
- Mythes et réalités de la crise monétaire internationale. English
- London : Routledge, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (121 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Hoffman, Michael L. (Michael Lindsay), 1915-2001
- part, One A Look at Thirty-Three Years of International Monetary Cooperation -- chapter I The Bretton Woods Charter -- chapter II The Period before 1958 -- chapter III From 1958 to 1971 -- chapter IV Since 1971 -- part, Two Lessons From the Experience - True and False -- chapter V Myths and Oversimplifications -- chapter VI The Quarrel over Floating Exchange Rates -- chapter VII Methods of International Monetary Cooperation -- chapter VIII International Liquidity -- chapter IX The Ambiguities of the American Position.
- "Originally published in 1977, The International Monetary Tangle presents a translation of Guindey's report on international monetary issues. Guindey examines the Bretton Woods System which lasted until 1971 as well as the new monetary regime that took its place and discusses the key debates that came along with it. Guindey takes a historical angle in this study and focuses on what lessons can be learnt from the past in terms of international money management. This title will be of interest to students of Economics."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781315086217 (e-book : PDF), 9781351543415 (e-book: Mobi), 9781138647206 (hardback), and 9781138647213 (paperback)
- "Published simultaneously in the International journal of politics, Volume VII, no. 1.", First published in 1977 by M.E. Sharpe Incorporated., and Translation of Mythes et realites de la crise monetaire internationale.
View MARC record | catkey: 34503315