The social and emotional development of the pre-school child / Katharine M. Banham Bridges
- Banham Bridges, Katharine M.
- London : Routledge, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 277 pages).
- chapter I INTRODUCTION -- chapter II THE PRELIMINARY EXPERIMENT -- chapter III THE REVISION OF THE SCALES -- chapter IV THE SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT SCALE -- chapter V SOCIAL RELATIONS WITH CHILDREN -- chapter VI SOCIAL RELATIONS WITH ADULTS -- chapter VII SUMMARY OF PRE-SCHOOL SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT -- chapter VIII THE EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT SCALE -- chapter IX DISTRESS AND TEARS -- chapter X FEAR AND ANGER -- chapter XI DELIGHT AND AFFECTION -- chapter XII EXCITEMENT AND ENURESIS -- chapter XIII MANNERISMS AND SPEECH ANOMALIES -- chapter XIV SUMMARY OF PRE-SCHOOL EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT -- chapter XV A GENETIC THEORY OF THE EMOTIONS -- chapter XVI THE SCALES APPLIED IN THE McGILL NURSERY SCHOOL -- chapter XVII A PRE-SCHOOL CHARACTER RATING CHART -- chapter XVIII INDIVIDUAL STUDIES -- chapter XIX CONCLUSION.
- "Originally published in 1931, the study reported in this book was undertaken as part of the research programme of the Canadian National Committee for Mental Hygiene. It represents a systematic inquiry into the social and emotional behaviour of pre-school children as observed from day to day in a nursery school. The study extended over a period of three years, and it concerned children between the ages of two and five years who were in attendance at the McGill University Nursery School and child laboratory. It can now be read and enjoyed in its historical context."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781315178868 (e-book : PDF)
9781351714617 (e-book: Mobi)
- First published in 1931 by Kegan, Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co. Ltd.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 269-273) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34503406