The origin of Islam in its Christian environment : the Gunning lectures, Edinburgh University 1925 / by Richard Bell
- Bell, Richard, 1876-1952
- Abingdon, Oxon : Frank Cass, 1968.
- First edition., new impression.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 224 pages).
- Islam and the Muslim world ; no. 10
- lecture 1. The eastern church and the Christian environment of Arabia -- lecture 2. Christianity in South Arabia and its influence upon the Arabs in general -- lecture 3. The beginnings of Muhammad's religious activity -- lecture 4. The moulding of the prophet -- lecture 5. The attitude of the prophet towards Christianity -- lecture 6. The Christian populations at the Arab conquest -- lecture 7. Christian influences in early Islam.
- 9780203042540 (e-book : PDF), 9781136260674 (e-book: PDF), 9781136260742 (e-book: ePub), 9781136260810 (e-book: Mobi), 9780714619774 (hardback), and 9781138977785 (paperback)
- "First edition 1926"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 34503771