The British Coal Industry / H. Townshend-Rose
- Townshend-Rose, H.
- London : Taylor and Francis, 2017.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (iv, 162 pages).
- Routledge Library Editions: Energy Economics ; Volume 21
- chapter 1 Saleable Output -- chapter 3 Number of Workers.
- "Originally published in 1951, this book is a straightforward account of the British nationalized coal industry in the first half of the twentieth century. An introductory chapter gives the history of the industry during the inter-war years and subsequent chapters discuss the complex organization by which coal is marketed at home and overseas. The types and grades of coal and the price structure of the industry are considered. There is a section on finance which explains the capital structure of the industry and statistical charts focus on significant trends in output, man-power, absenteeism, accidents and similar vital features of the coal industry. "--Provided by publisher.
- 9780203730928 (e-book : PDF), 9781351398749 (e-book: Mobi), 9781138303560 (hardback), and 9781138303652 (paperback)
View MARC record | catkey: 34503895