Humanism in Personology : Allport, Maslow, and Murray / Paul Costa
- Costa, Paul
- London : Taylor and Francis, 2017.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Click here to view.
- chapter 1 General Orientations Toward the Nature of Personality -- chapter 2 The Formal Theories: Relatively Concrete Concepts -- chapter 3 The Formal Theories: Relatively General Concepts -- chapter 4 Development of Ideal and Nonideal Personalities -- chapter 5 Representative Research -- chapter 6 The Men Behind the Theories -- chapter 7 Conclusions.
- "Through analysis of the lives and theories of the three major exponents of humanism, Allport, Maslow, and Murray, the authors have marshaled some compelling arguments for an alternative to the extreme behaviorism of Skinner and the logical positivism of Freud. This work is a concise, clear synthesis of both broad theoretical positions and specifi c concepts that underlie humanistic psychology."--Provided by publisher.
- 9780203789476 (e-book : PDF)
9781351514224 (e-book: Mobi)
View MARC record | catkey: 34503921