Changing patterns in Israel agriculture
- Halperin, Ḥayyim, 1895-
- [Place of publication not identified] : Routledge, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (iv, 300 pages).
- Preface; 1. Agricultural Geography of Israel 2. Land 3. Water 4. Changes in the Arab Village 5. The 'Moshava' 6. Middle-Class Settlements 7. Workers' Settlements 8. Industry and Handicrafts in the Villages 9. New Trends in Agricultural Settlement 10. The Role of Agriculture in the National Economy 11. Rural Sociology in Israel 12. Agricultural Policy; Index
- First published in 1957. This study sought to analyse the problems raised by the changing forces and conditions in Israel in the middle of the twentieth-century. It discusses the impact of Israel's achievement of political sovereignty upon its agricultural economy in the comparatively short space of six years. It examines the agricultural problems that arose as functions of the natural factors of production - land, water, climate, etc. It endeavoured to assess new and better possibilities of farming. This title will be of interest to students of geography and agriculture.
- 9780429289132 (electronic bk.)
0429289138 (electronic bk.)
9781000681574 (electronic bk. : PDF)
1000681572 (electronic bk. : PDF)
9781000682274 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
1000682277 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
9781000681925 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
1000681920 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
View MARC record | catkey: 34504085