Marriage ceremonies in Morocco / Edward Westermarck
- Westermarck, Edward, 1862-1939
- Oxon [England] : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 422 pages).
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Click here to view.
- ch. 1. The betrothal and marriage contract ('Aqd En-Nikah) -- ch. 2. The Sdaq and other payments : the trousseau -- ch. 3. Ceremonies in the bridegroom's home previous to the fetching of the bride -- ch. 4. Ceremonies in the bride's home -- ch. 5. The fetching of the bride -- ch. 6. The arrival and reception of the bride -- ch. 7. The meeting of the bride and bridegroom and the morning after -- ch. 8. The continuation and end of the wedding -- ch. 9. Later ceremonies and taboos -- ch. 10. Summary and explanations.
- 9781315863641 (e-book : PDF)
9781317952305 (e-book: Mobi)
9781317952312 (e-book: ePub)
- First published in 1914 by Macmillan & Co. New impression 1972 by Curzon Press.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 34505673