The Elements of Law : Natural and Politic / Thomas Hobbes
- Hobbes, Thomas, 1588-1679
- Uniform Title:
- Human nature
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 197-226) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Tönnies, Ferdinand, 1855-1936
- The work which forms the substance of this volume was formerly known in the shape of two separate treatises, of which the former, containing the first thirteen chapters of the first part of The elements of law was entitled Human nature; or, The fundamental elements of policy -- The second treatise contained the rest of the first, together with the second, part, and was entitled De corpore politico, or, The elements of law, moral and politic. Both these treatises appeared in print for the first time in the year 1650.
- Originally published in 1889, Ferdinand Tonnies published versions of two works by Thomas Hobbes. His editions of The Elements of Law: Natural and Politic and of Behemoth: or The Long Parliament were the first modern critical editions, based on manuscripts of works by Hobbes. Completed in 1640, The Elements of Law was Hobbes's first systematic political work. The book helps us see Hobbes's mind at work, for it is the first version of his later political works.
- 9780429030772 (electronic bk.)
0429030770 (electronic bk.)
9780429641237 (electronic bk. : PDF)
0429641230 (electronic bk. : PDF)
9780429634895 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
0429634897 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
9780429638060 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
042963806X (electronic bk. : EPUB)
View MARC record | catkey: 34506027