Dreads and Besetting Fears : Including States of Anxiety their Causes and Cure / by Tom A. Williams
- Williams, T. A. (Thomas A.)
- Boca Raton, FL : Routledge, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (236 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Taylor & Francis
- 1. Early Origins of Dreads. 2. Bashfulness and Kindred States. 3. College Breakdowns. 4. Fear and Stammering. 5. Anxiety States. 6. Occupational Phobias. 7. Fear of Crowds, Open Spaces, Etc. 8. Other Common Phobias. 9. Physical Conditions and Fear. 10. Heredity and Fear. 11. Fear by Induction. 12. The Fascination of Fear. 13. The Utilization and Management of Fear. 14. The Dispelling of Fear.
- First published in 1925, this forward-thinking volume examined states of anxiety, their causes and their possible cures. Based on physicians' reports of their patients, the author aimed to expand beyond purely obsessive dreads to understanding fear in both its determinants and its mechanisms, with the view that pathological timidity is only brought on through learned fear and environmental influences rather than from birth.
- 9780429462924(e-book : PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print format.
View MARC record | catkey: 34506166