Ion exchange pollution control / editors, Calvin Calmon, Environmental Consultant, Princeton, New Jersey and Partner, Water Purification Associates, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Harris Gold, Partner, Water Purification Associates, Cambridge, Massa
- Boca Raton, Fla. : CRC Press, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Calmon, Calvin, Gold, Harris, and Prober, Richard
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Click here to view.
- part, Organic Applications -- chapter 1 Sorption of Organic Substances / F. X. Pollio -- chapter 2 Base Recovery from Spent Sulfite Liquor / A. Himsley -- chapter 3 Decolorizing Wood Pulp Bleaching Effluents / C. Calmon -- chapter 4 Removal of Organic Materials From Wastewaters With Polymeric Adsorbents / E. C. Feeney -- part, Other Applications -- chapter 5 Water Treatment in Nuclear Power Plants / G. P. Simon -- chapter 6 Reclamation of High-Sulfate Irrigation Drainage Water for Power Plant Cooling / H. H. Sephton G. Klein -- chapter 7 Municipal Waste Effluent Treatment / I. R. Higgins R. C. Chopra -- chapter 8 Regenerant Wastes / C. Calmon -- chapter 9 Water as an Eluting Agent for Ion-Exchange Processes / C. Calmon -- chapter 10 Laboratory Evaluations of Ion-Exchange Processes / S. A. Fisher F. X. McGarvey -- chapter 11 Ion Exchange as an Analytical Tool in Pollution Control / H. F. Walton -- part, Uses of Polymers with Active Sites -- chapter 12 Coagulants and Flocculants / L. B. Luttinger -- chapter 13 Sludge Dewatering with Polyelectrolytes / W. Schwoyer -- chapter 14 Polyelectrolyte Dispersants / J. F. Wilkes -- part, New Developments -- chapter 15 Specific Ion Exchangers / C. Calmon -- chapter 16 Immobilized Enzymes / F. L. Burnett -- chapter 17 Liquid Ion Exchangers / C. Calmon -- chapter 18 Liquid Membrane Systems / J. W. Frankenfeld N. N. Li -- chapter 19 Extracting Resins / C. Calmon -- chapter 20 Starch-Based Products in Heavy Metal Removal / R. E. Wing -- chapter 21 Activated Carbon for The Removal of Trace Metals from Aqueous Solutions / P. C. Singer -- chapter 22 Cellulose Ion-Exchange Adsorbents / M. C. Rowe -- chapter 23 Magnetic Micro-Ion-Exchange Resins / B. A. Bolto -- chapter 24 Application of Molecular Sieve Zeolites to Pollution Abatement / J. D. Sherman.
- "The aim of these volumes is not to cover all phases of ion-exchange theory, which may be found in general texts, nor to cover every application in the literature, or to show an engineer ways on how to become an expert in the field so he could? do it all by himself?. The main purpose of these books is to show the practical engineer what has been done in various types of applications of ion-exchange processes in pollution control, how to set up laboratory tests, the problems that may be encountered to identify the individuals and organizations who are experts in the various phases of ion exchange, and most importantly, to emphasize the new developments in the polymers with active sites that offer new approaches to wastewater treatment methods."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781351073868 (e-book : PDF)
9781351099219 (e-book: Mobi)
- First published 1979 by CRC Press. Reissued 2018 by CRC Press.
View MARC record | catkey: 34506713