Universals of language : report of a conference held at Dobbs Ferry, New York April 13-15, 1961 / edited by Joseph H. Greenberg
- Conference Author:
- Conference on Language Universals (1961 : Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.)
- Cambridge, Mass. : M.I.T. Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2d ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvii, 337 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Greenberg, Joseph H. (Joseph Harold), 1915-2001 and Social Science Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Linguistics and Psychology
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Memorandum concerning language universals / Joseph H. Greenberg, Charles E. Osgood, and James J. Jenkins -- The problem of universals in language / Charles F. Hockett -- Are there universals of linguistic change? / Henry M. Hoenigswald -- Assumptions about nasals : a sample study in phonological universals / Charles A. Ferguson -- Phoneme distribution and language universals / Sol Saporta -- Some universals of grammar with particular reference to the order of meaningful elements / Joseph H. Greenberg -- A search for universals in Indo-European diachronic morphology / Warren Cowgill -- On the semantic structure of language / Uriel Weinreich -- Semantic universals / Stephen Ullmann -- Implications of language universals for linguistics / Roman Jakobson -- Language universals in anthropological perspective / Joseph B. Casagrande -- Language universals and psycholinguistics / Charles E. Osgood.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Conference held at Dobbs Ferry, New York, April 13-15, 1961, and sponsored by the Linguistic and Psychology Committee of the Social Science Research Council.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 34507871