The Oxford Latin syntax. Volume II, The complex sentence and discourse / Harm Pinkster
- Pinkster, Harm
- Additional Titles:
- Complex sentence and discourse
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2021.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (2,656 pages) : illustrations (black and white).
- In this two-volume work, the first full-scale treatment of its kind in English, Harm Pinkster applies contemporary linguistic theories and the findings of traditional grammar to the study of Latin syntax. He takes a non-technical and principally descriptive approach, based on literary and non-literary texts dating from c.250 BC to c.450 AD. The volumes contain a wealth of examples to illustrate the grammatical phenomena under discussion, many of them from the works of Plautus and Cicero, alongside extensive references to other sources of examples such as the Oxford Latin Dictionary and the Thesaurus Linguae Latinae.
- 9780191895968 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition also issued in print: 2021.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34508017