Vortices in Unconventional Superconductors and Superfluids [electronic resource] / edited by R.P. Huebener, N. Schopohl, G.E. Volovik
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2002.
- 1st ed. 2002.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 363 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Huebener, R.P., Schopohl, N., Volovik, G. E., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences, 0171-1873 ; 132
- 1 The Beautiful World of the Vortex -- 2 Type II Superconductors and Vortices from the 1950s to the 1990s -- 3 What Can Superconductivity Learn from Quantized Vorticity in 3He Superfluids? -- 4 Nucleation of Vortices in Superfluid 3He-B by Rapid Thermal Quench -- 5 Superfluidity in Relativistic Neutron Stars -- 6 Superconducting Superfluids in Neutron Stars -- 7 Vortex Dynamics and the Problem of the Transverse Force in Clean Superconductors and Fermi Superfluids -- 8 Magnus Force and Aharonov-Bohm Effect in Superfluids -- 9 Lorentz Force Exerted by the Aharonov-Bohm Flux Line -- 10 Relativistic Solution of Lordanskii Problem in Multi-Constituent Superfluid Mechanics -- 11 Vortex Core Structure and Dynamics in Layered Superconductors -- 12 Band Theory of Quasiparticle Excitations in the Mixed State of d-Wave Superconductors -- 13 Magnetic Field Dependence of the Vortex Structure Based on the Microscopic Theory -- 14 Quasiparticle Spectrum in the Vortex State in Nodal Superconductors -- 15 Random-Matrix Ensembles in p-Wave Vortices -- 16 Scanning Tunneling Spectroscopy on Vortex Cores in High-Tc Superconductors -- 17 Charged Vortices in High-Tc Superconductors -- 18 Neutron Scattering from Vortex Lattices in Superconductors -- 19 Vortex Dynamics in a Temperature Gradient -- 20 Electric Field Dependent Flux-Flow Resistance in the Cuprate Superconductor Nd2-xCexCuOy.
- Topological defects are generic in continuous media. In the relativistic quantum vacuum they are known as cosmic strings, in superconductors as quantized flux lines, and in superfluids, low-density atomic Bose-Einstein condensates and neutron stars as quantized vortex lines. This collection of articles by leading scientists presents a modern treatment of the physics of vortex matter, mainly applied to unconventional superconductors and superfluids but with extensions to other areas of physics.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 34509407