Lattice Fermions and Structure of the Vacuum [electronic resource] / edited by Valya Mitrjushkin, Gerrit Schierholz
- Additional Titles:
- Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop, Dubna, Russia, 5-9 October 1999
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 2000.
- 1st ed. 2000.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 383 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mitrjushkin, Valya, Schierholz, G., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Remarks on Domain-wall fermions -- Domain-wall fermions in vector theories -- Better Domain-wall fermions -- Truncated overlap fermions: The link between overlap and Domain-wall fermions -- Topology and chiral symmetry in QCD with overlap fermions -- First Experiences with HMC for Dynamical Overlap Fermions -- Some answered and unanswered questions about the structure of the set of fermionic Actions with GWL symmetry -- Optimizing chirality and scaling of lattice fermions -- Chiral symmetry breaking in strongly coupled 1+1 dimensional lattice gauge theories -- Regularization and anomalies in gauge theory -- Chiral symmetry outside perturbation theory -- Dirac operator normality and chiral fermions on the lattice -- Abelian and nonabelian lattice chiral gauge theories through gauge fixing -- On the eta-invariant in the 4D chiral U (1) theory -- Overview of the chiral fermions on 2D Torus -- 't Hooft vertex in the chiral schwinger model -- Multifield effective action for lattice QCD -- An investigation of a new multiboson algorithm proposed by Slavnov -- Quenched QCD near the chiral limit -- Decorrelation of the topological charge in tempered simulations of full QCD -- Computational costs of future QCD simulations in the deep chiral regime -- Some considerations on lattice gauge fixing -- Remarks on lattice gauge fixing -- Preliminary results with lattice covariant gauge -- Lorentz gauge fixing and lattice QED -- Instantons versus monopoles -- Classical solutions and the vacuum structure in lattice gauge theories -- On the topological structure of the QCD vacuum -- Instantons and fermions on the lattice -- Phononlike excitations of instanton liquid and new scale of non-perturbative QCD -- Vortices and confinement -- Some pieces of lattice evidence in favor of the center-vortex picture of color confinement -- Embedded vortices and their interactions at electroweak crossover -- Chirality carried by monopoles -- Half-integer topological charges below and above the deconfinement Transition? -- Phase structure of hot gauge theories with matter fields -- Random matrix theory and Dirac spectrum at nonzero temperature and density -- Short strings and new physics perspectives in QCD -- List of Participants.
- Among the key problems in modern field theory are the formulation of chiral group theories on the lattice and the quantitative understanding of the quark confinement mechanism. The two topics are closely related by the fact that the chiral nature of the fermions as well as the confinement force are largely topological in origin. Recent advances in this field are here reviewed by some of the world's experts.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 34509737