Omnidirectional Optical Filters [electronic resource] / by Vladimir Kochergin
- Kochergin, Vladimir
- New York, NY : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 2003.
- 1st ed. 2003.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 253 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Basic Theory -- 3 Classical Optical Filters -- 4 Omnidirectional Dielectric Reflectors -- 5 Omnidirectional Short-Pass Filters -- 6 Omnidirectional Narrow Band-Pass, Band-Pass, and Band-Blocking Filters -- References.
- Optical Filters play an important role in the areas of imaging, sensing, MEMS and photonics. Omnidirectional Optical Filters gives an integrated presentation of this new type of filter design that is rapidly becoming an integral part of these areas. Not only does the book give the reader a fresh look at the development of optical filter material; it is the first text dedicated to the explanation of omnidirectional optical filters. Beginning with the description of the basic optical phenomena behind these filters, the book moves on to classical filter design, and then newer designs. For the first time, omnidirectional short-pass, band pass, band-blocking and narrow band-pass filter designs are explained in detail. For graduate and undergraduate students interested in optics, photonics and MEMS, this book will give a thorough understanding of the design, fabrication and theory behind omnidirectional optical filters. Engineers in imaging, sensing and MEMS looking to learn more about these filters will also find it a valuable reference and tool.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 34509985