The Role of Coherent Structures in Modelling Turbulence and Mixing [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the International Conference Madrid, Spain, June 25-27, 1980 / edited by J. Jimenez
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1981.
- 1st ed. 1981.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 393 pages 191 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Jimenez, J. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Coherent structures in turbulent flow -- The deterministic description of the coherent structure of free shear layers -- Shear layer models and computer analysis of data -- Theoretical investigation of interaction and coalescence of large scale structures in the turbulent mixing layer -- A model for periodic structures in turbulent boundary layers -- Turbulent structures in wall-bonded shear flows observed via three-dimensional numerical simulations -- Experimental methods in turbulent structure research -- Investigations of eddy coherence in jet flows by -- The plane mixing layer flow visualization results and three dimensional effects -- Useful strategies in turbulence experiments and modelling -- Initiation, evolution and global consequences of coherent structures in turbulent shear flows -- Coherent structures and studies of perturbed and unperturbed jets -- A comparison of characteristic features of coherent turbulent structures found using the variable interval time average (VITA) technique and using the pattern recognition technique -- The effects of reynolds number and pressure gradient on the transitional spot in a laminar boundary layer -- Lewis number effects on the structure and extinction of diffusion flames due to strain -- Jet noise and the effects of jet forcing -- Chemically reacting mixing layer -- Coherent structures in turbulent combustion.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 34513034