The Formation and Dynamics of Galaxies [electronic resource] / edited by J.R. Shakeshaft
- Additional Titles:
- Proceedings of IAU Symposium No. 58 held in Canberra, Australia, August 12-15, 1973
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 1974.
- 1st ed. 1974.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 441 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Shakeshaft, J.R. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- International Astronomical Union Symposia, 1743-9213 ; 58
- Structure, Dynamics and Statistical Properties of Galaxies (Invited Paper) -- Properties and Distribution of Galaxies in Relation to Their Formation and Evolution: Theoretical Situation (Invited Paper) -- The Distribution of Galaxies in Relation to Their Formation and Evolution -- Dynamics of Superclusters as the Most Powerful Test for Theories of Galaxy Formation -- Intergalactic Matter and Radiation and its Bearing on Galaxy Formation and Evolution (Invited Paper) -- Recent Westerbork Observations of Head-Tail Galaxies -- Neutral Hydrogen at Large Distances from Parent Galaxies -- The Early History of Our Galaxy: Dynamics (Invited Paper) -- The Distribution of Mass-to-Light Ratio with Radius in M31 and M33 -- The Early History of Our Galaxy: Chemical Evolution (Invited Paper) -- Differences Between Galaxies (Invited Paper) -- Dwarf Content of Old Galaxy Populations -- The Formation of Disks by Inelastic Collisions of Gravitating Particles. Applications to the Formation of Galaxies -- Dynamics of Rotating Stellar Systems: Collapse and Violent Relaxation -- Models for the Formation and Evolution of Spherical Galaxies -- The Redshifts of Extragalactic Objects (Invited Paper, Abstract only) -- Evidence for Non-Velocity Redshifts - New Evidence and Review (Invited Paper) -- The Extragalactic Relative Distance Scale -- Observational Evidence for Non-Velocity Redshift in Stephan's Quintet -- Fine Structure within the Redshift-Magnitude Correlation for Galaxies -- Radio Frequency Observations of the Nuclei of Galaxies (Invited Paper) -- Optical Observations of Nuclei of Galaxies (Invited Paper) -- Theory of Galactic Nuclei (Invited Paper) -- Structures of Central Bulges and Nuclei of Galaxies -- Variability of the Emission Line Spectrum of the Nucleus of Seyfert Galaxy NGC 1275 -- Gravitational Interactions Between Galaxies (Invited Paper) -- The Magellanic Stream -- Recent Radio Studies of Bright Galaxies (Invited Paper) -- Interpretation of Observations of Spiral Structure in Terms of the Density Wave Theory (Invited Paper) -- Some Recent Developments in the Theory of Spiral Structure -- Studies on the Galactic Density Wave -- High-Resolution Studies of Neutral Hydrogen in NGC 5383 and M101 -- The Motions in the Central Regions of NGC 4736 -- On the Strength of the Galactic Shock Wave and the Degree of Development of Spiral Structure.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 34513916